Who we are:
A new kind of payment experience by a new kind of company.
Brim is a Toronto-based Fintech company operating at the intersection of technology, finance, and consumer experiences, that’s revolutionizing the payment experience. Brim Financial is licensed by Mastercard and has launched a state-of the-art digital platform and credit card product suite into the market in 2018.
We are strategically growing our team and seeking skilled, hands-on and highly motivated individuals who are looking to expand their careers by being integral members of designing, testing and launching a brand-new credit offering into the Canadian market with unique, first-to-market features and benefits.
Who we’re looking for:
Brim is looking for a Director of Credit Risk & Collections – Credit Card Program, to join our growing and passionate team. You will be responsible for credit and collections strategies, risk models, partnership management, credit analysis and reporting. You are a leader in the consumer lending space and have solid experience working in the consumer/retail credit industry with a quantitative background and significant exposure to risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of all industry, legal and regulatory standards impacting credit card, consumer lending and collections.
- Subject matter expert for all credit and collection policy issues including file decisioning on applications outside of established guidelines and limits.
- Primary responsibility for consumer credit strategy & initiatives to ensure strategic business objectives are met.
- Primary responsibility to ensure credit activities are efficient, results-oriented, and compliant with Brim Financial ‘s policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Brim’s Operations, Product and Finance teams with respect to developing and implementing all changes to risk rules and providing guidelines for both onboarding risk assessment and consumer credit underwriting.
- Establish strong relationships with internal & external partners.
- Develop and maintain all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for all credit and collection portfolio metrics and credit officer’s performance.
- Produce monthly credit risk and collection dashboards and create new dashboards to track and monitor business metrics.
- Applied understanding of the legalities of collection across all provinces.
- Work collaboratively with senior Brim Financial leadership to implement proper controls and training.
- Coach and motivate a team of analysts and managers in a constructive and structured manner.
- Complete various ad-hoc analysis relating to credit risk management.
- 10-12 years of consumer risk management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial role with solid experience validating and implementing credit models.
- Strong knowledge and experience in credit card risk assessment, collections, and underwriting is a must.
- Sound knowledge of credit risk methodologies, including measurement, management and monitoring.
- Experienced in developing, implementing, and maintaining sound credit risk policies and procedures.
- Strong critical thinking skills, self-motivated, with ability to communicate ideas effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional working environment.
- In-depth working knowledge of TSYS applications (i.e. ADM, TS2, DDS, and TSYS Analytics).
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft’s suite of products (i.e. Word and Excel).
- Knowledge or experience in fraud risk considered an asset.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Apply for this job by sending your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com mentioning Director of Credit Risk & Collections in the subject.